Our Background

THE BEST Funeral Society started as a joint venture in the Hollard stable, established in 1997 as a funeral insurance product & administration specialist, providing A to Z product capability (risk pricing, wording, risk management, membership/claims administration,and fulfillment).

#

We are one of the largest independent administrators, often chosen for:

Providing white-labeled and tailor-made group funeral administration and benefit solutions.

Placing our bulk-buying power and knowledge at the disposal of our policyholders to give them better prices and value for money.

Full Membership and claims handling capability, with embedded call centre facilities.

Our state of the art technology and vast database allowing for the identification of potential claims fraud.

Fully geared to deal with low premium Insurance in the emerging market.

Our Business Model

Over the years, TBFS has refined its value offering into two main services, Underwriting management and Administration.

As an underwriting manager, TBFS provides underwriting consultancy and product development services focused on the low income insurance arena. Services range from product design and pricing at inception to ongoing risk analysis, premium splits and monthly reporting into the underwriter premium sessions.

As a policy administrator, TBFS is able to configure systems, load products and perform monthly policy administration of its own, or other insurance products.

Services

Provide complete services from risk rating through to launch and administration of products

Customers

Customer base includes; major retail schemes, extensive union & employer groups

Risk Management

Risk management consultancy, product & administration provider


Low Cost

Acknowledged low cost, highly effective, administration platform


UMA Agreements

UMA agreements with Hollard and Guardrisk

Client Base

Services client base > 350 000 principal policies, approx. 2.4 million lives

Official Languages

24 / 7 / 365 Service nationally in all official languages


Our Purpose

"Altruism supported by Heroism"

Our People "Our clients and employees"

Our people constitute our single most important advantage. It is only through the combined efforts of our people that we will grow and prosper.

Our Integrity “Say what you mean and mean what you say"

We care about how we get results. We are committed to a future, based on the fundamentals of our Code of Conduct. We keep our promises.

Our Community “We are part of and understand our client community"

We understand our clients because we come from the same community. We participate in community and industry activities.

Collaboration "Leverage the collective genius in all of us"

We work together and strive to provide an environment for all our people to contribute their ideas and passion for the greater good of all.

Innovation “Real solutions for real problems"

We need to understand our clients and providing real solutions to their needs.

Performance “Get it right, first time, on time"

Know what you do, do it properly and deliver it on time. Continuously improve all that we do, measure what is important and strive for excellence.

#

TBFS shareholders are comprised of 85% Mocking Bull Holdings with the remaining 15% held by Executive Management.

The combination of Hollard business support and insurance expertise together with the core business experience and focus of the executive management, have resulted in TBFS emerging as a leading group funeral specialist.